Over six years ago Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal inspired the launch of Aspire, CILT’s career foundation which provides financial help and assistance to aspiring individuals needing that extra bit of support to start or develop their career within the logistics and transport sector.
We have updated on progress regularly and we are pleased to report that 2016 has been a very successful year.
During this year we have:
- 119 applications were submitted to the Awards Committee for review from over 20 different nationalities
- Over 40 applications were approved
- £62k + value of awards approved
- 16 different qualifications/training programmes were awarded
- 18 different nationalities received funding
- Continued the partnership with the West Berkshire Training Consortium bringing foundation logistics skills to young people gaining formal qualifications which in turn support them gaining employment.
Significant achievements we should all be proud of, really making a difference to people lives as they begin and develop their careers